- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians, 2008, England.
- D.M. (Neurology), 1982, PGI Chandigarh.
- M.D. (Medicine), 1976, SMS Medical College, Jaipur.
- M.B.B.S., 1972, SMS Medical College, Jaipur.
Dr. Panagariya joined the medical college in 1967 and graduated with many distinctions and was awarded the S.S. Bhatnagar Gold Medal. During his post-graduate training in Internal Medicine, he was awarded the Senior Research Fellowship by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). In 1976 he passed MD Medicine in the first attempt and subsequently was selected as a Lecturer/Assistant Professor at the SMS Medical College, Jaipur. After acquiring successive positions, he became Sr. Professor in Neurology. His ability to take people with him in turning around the institutions has been phenomenal and was proved by his successful stints as Director, SMS Medical College and Vice Chancellor of Rajasthan University of Health Sciences. His keenness to be updated in areas of his specialization and his innovative approach are valuable addition to his personality.
- Professor Emeritus (Neurology), Sawai ManSingh Medical College, Jaipur.
- Honorary Neurologist, Armed Forces of India
- Member, Advisory Body, PGI Chandigarh
- Chairman, DISHA, an internationally recognized institution for the mentally challenged children.
- President, Neurology Care & Research Society, an NGO for CME, Public awareness, economic support of poor, widows and orphans.
- Apex Committee Member
- CM Advisory Council (Health Issues)
- Member (State Planning Board), Health, Medical Education, Research & Allied areas.
- Vice Chancellor, Rajasthan University of Health Sciences.
- Principal & Controller, SMS Medical College & Attached Hospitals. 2006-2010.
- Sr. Professor & Head of the Department, Department of Neurology, SMS Medical College, Jaipur
- President, Indian Academy of Neurology, 2010-11.